Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

To everyone in UK anyway! This is a holiday that has always confused me. Here's why. Why can't everyone agree on the same date for it in this day and age?  Just to add to the confusion, apparently about 30 countries celebrate it at different dates to those in the list.

As a kid I'd hear about someone celebrating mother's day probably 3 times each year. I'd find myself thinking if I should buy something for my mom. But I knew she wasn't expecting anything since Russia's never had a Mother's Day until 1998 (we've always celebrated the apparently-international Women's Day instead). The president has randomly decided to add this new holiday and put it at the last Sunday of November.

But.. ramblings aside, happy Mother's Day to anyone celebrating!

art by  Equestria-Prevails

No comments:

Post a Comment